Friday 6 August 2010

And so it begins

Following in the steps of my big sister I have taken to journal writing on here.  Mostly because I type much faster than I write, but also because I've never been very good at keeping a journal so maybe this will be an improvement.

I actually stole the title of my blog from a book (which I have yet to read) called MEE speaks but does she have anything to say?  It seemed very appropriate for me as I love to talk but often don't have much of anything to talk about.  Although today is Hayley's 2nd birthday so maybe this will actually be worthwhile!


I was up first this morning with Austin, my 6 week old son, and Hayley wandered out of her bedroom dummy and 'snuggy' in hand looking all gorgeous and curly haired and I wondered to myself "What happened to the last two years?"  It seems to have gone so quickly yet at the same time as though it was just yesterday that it was her I was feeding at 6am.  She is wonderful and beautiful and I don't deserve her.  She makes me smile everyday, even on the tough days when we have lots of time outs I can find something that has made me glow inside because of her.  Jon carried Hayley downstairs (not because she can't do it by herself but because she loves to be carried) whilst I got ready with the camera.  We bought her a play kitchen and having put it together last night it was far too big and awkward to wrap so it had a sheet of wrapping paper on the front which was very quickly pulled off.  Her little face lit up and she was very quickly making us breakfast and giving us drinks.


She also got some cars from Austin, which doesn't sound very girly but she loves playing with her cousin Ethan's cars so we thought why not?  We are blessed to have many generous friends who have also given her gifts - thank you all.  We've since spent the morning watching Ice Age (again) and making glittery pictures at the kitchen table.

Both Austin and Hayley are now asleep so I need to crack on with her second birthday cake.  By that I mean it's the second cake she's had not that it's for her second birthday.  We had all the family here on Sunday for Austin's blessing so we had her actual cake then (pictures are up on facebook) but Jon's family are coming this evening for a BBQ - more than likely to turn into a grill - so another cake is in order, but only if I actually go and make it...

No comments:

Post a Comment